Let me give you an example. You probably have had an experience when you are listening to a friend, helping them sort through a crisis. Later you notice how drained or sad you have become. Most likely, you have picked up and absorbed some of their energy, and may have even given up some of your own positive energy. If you don't rebalance yourself, this negative drain may stay collected as some unwanted baggage you carry around.
There are several things you can do.
- Do a meditation where you direct this energy down deep into the earth.
- Do a meditation and revitalize and energize your chakras.
- Do some Qigong or Tai Chi exercises.
- Take an espon salt bath and soak.
- Have sex.
- Listen to music.
- Do something with color (paint, stain glass, visit art museum, walk in an arboretum, etc).
- Drink a glass of milk or have a bowl of ice cream (3rd chakra food).
- Spend time in nature and allow nature to automatically rebalance your energetic self.
- Go for a walk, a swim, or dance...movement while connecting with the earth, water, air can feed and nourish your soul.
The bottom line, is you alone are in charge of your personal energy and as you become more spiritually in-tune, you will need to know how to keep your personal energy safe so you can remain balanced. Why? so you can be ready to interact with spiritual realms and spiritual forces whenever the opportunity presents itself.