- The color red is aligned with the first chakra.
- The color orange is aligned with the second chakra.
- The color yellow is aligned with the third chakra.
- The color green is aligned with the fourth chakra.
- The color blue is aligned with the fifth chakra.
- The color purple is aligned with the sixth chakra.
- The color indigo or white is aligned with the seventh chakra.
One method is to take a candle and place it in a glass cover that is similar to the chakra you are working on. Another method is take a cloth of the color you want to work on and drape over a lamp. And still another method is to take a colored lightbulb and use it during your meditation. But the one I have come to use the most is to just visualize a specific color during the mediation.
- Here is a suggested meditation practice using color to help improve the energy of a specific chakra to help you have the right energy to help you create different spiritual gifts:
- Begin by lighting a candle and placing it in an orange glass cover.
- Sit down and make yourself comfortable.
- Take some deep breaths and connect yourself with the earth.
- You can keep your eyes open to focus on the color if you choose.
- Visualize the color you are observing and see it connecting with the chakra you are working on.
- Visualize the chakra being nourished by this color.
- Visualize its brightness and if it is not bright, stay with it until it becomes bright.
- Visualize its clarity, and if it is not clear, stay there until the chakra is clear.
- Visualize its alignment with the other chakras. If it is not aligned, help it become aligned through your directed thoughts.
- Feel the energy being created and expanded in that chakra.
- Visualize the spiritual gift associated with that chakra and how this energy and gift is part of you.
- Chakra 1 = personality sensing
- Chakra 2 = truth sensing
- Chakra 3 = future/past sensing
- Chakra 4 = command projection
- Chakra 5 = dream interpretation
- Chakra 6 = astral travel
- Chakra 7 = telepathy
When ready, end your meditation and allow some transition time to get back into your world.
You can repeat this type of color meditation with each different chakra and do it as often as you feel you need.