Identify and select clothing that will be used in rituals, such as a robe or a special garment.
You will be using certain supplies in most of your rituals and these supplies should be used only for rituals if at all possible. If it is not possible, then you will need to make sure you re-consecrate or re-prepare them prior to each ritual.
Here are the supplies you should gather:
- A rectangular mat, blanket, or sheet to place on the ground. This will become your consecrated space for your rituals.
- A goblet.
- A representation of the earth’s energy, such as rock, seeds, etc. The earth represents the giver of life.
- A representation of the energy of fire, so something like a candle or a charred branch. Fire represents freedom and responsibility.
- A representation of the energy of air, so something that represents air to you, perhaps an arrow or a feather.
- A representation of the energy of water, such as sea shells. Water represents the highest of spirit, ideas, or ideals.
- A liquid, such as oil (mineral oil, olive oil, or oils from flowers, such as oil of lavender) or wine, or a pure juice.
After you have identified your attire and gathered your supplies, place the rectangular mat (or blanket, sheet) on the ground so it is flat and smooth.
- Place the object that represents earth on the north side of the square, and place it inside the square.
- Place the object that represents water on the west side of the square, and inside the square. Place the object that represent air on the east side of the square and inside the square.
- Place the object that represents fire on the south side of the square and inside the square.
- Place the goblet and the oil in the square.
- Put on your robe and go in the middle of the square, sit, facing the earth corner of the sacred space.
- Visualize yourself grounding and connecting with the earth.
- Visualize a protective energy surrounding the circumference of this space.
- Visualize this space as being energized with sacred and special energy coming from the earth below, the heavens above, and from each corner of the sacred space.
- Visualize the energy touching and connecting with each object and changing the energy within each object.
- Visualize this same energy consecrating your robe.
- Visualize this energy consecrating you.
- Say a blessing and words to thank the earth, water, air, fire, and heavens for coming together and consecrating and making each item special and unique and empowering it with sacred energy.