Element of Fire
Fire is the element that is generally kindled by humans and therefore controlled. It is also the element that can break free and run wild. Fire is the element which represents freedom and responsibility.
Identify Spiritual Objective of the Ritual
Identify the spiritual objective you want to create when you use the element of fire. Since fire is the element associated with the 2nd chakra, review the spiritual experiences or gifts are associate with the 2nd chakra and identify a concept you would like to explore or build upon, such as:
- sense and recognize truth
- recognize lies and deceit
- solve a certain problem facing you at home, work, or elsewhere
- find a different solution and new options
- become more creative
- be more open to different types of sexual experiences
Create Your Sacred Space
- Identify the location where you will have your ritual and then create and prepare this space to be the sacred space for the ritual.
- To prepare this space, you can use a ritual cloth and surround the cloth with the elements of fire, such as candles.
- You can meditate in that space and visualize a bubble of protection over that space.
- You can sprinkle water around the space and bless the ritual area.
- How you prepare the ritual space is your choice, but you will need to invite spiritual energy into that location.
- This ritual will include the energy of fire.
- The ritual includes a moment of giving thanks - include thanking the element of fire for being a gift and a part of your life.
- The ritual will include a blessing - a fire ritual will include a blessing where energy is bestowed and shared. The ritual will include directing energy to the ritual objective (such as blessing the energy you want the fire energy to change or create).
- Connect the body, mind, spirit together in this ritual - the ritual will need you to focus your mind and direct this energy to the actions you desire. For example, "I am sitting in the middle of this sacred spacing, having surrounded myself with the element of fire, represented by these candles. The energy of fire has been given to us from Mother Earth. This energy of fire from is now connecting with my energy, the energy of my soul. I now see and feel this energy connecting with me and becoming a part of me. I see this energy providing what I need to solve a problem I am having, which is to be more independent at work. Fire represents freedom, and I see this element giving me the independence I desire and need. I see this energy helping to improve my relationship with my boss and I see it creating more trust to allow me that independence and authority I desire. I see myself surrounded by this creative energy and I am using this new energy source to improve how I work, what I do at work, my attitude at work, and how I respond and interact with my co-workers."
- You may want to also include another spiritual energy tool in the ritual process, such as food, sex, sound, color, meditation, integration, if you want to augment the energy or add a different energy into the ritual.
- Once you see and feel the connection of the ritual energy within you and sense a change in yourself, you can conclude the ritual.
The ritual is a way to develop and bridge the mind, body, and soul together. It provides a way to focus your attention on spiritual aspects you want in your life. Fire represents freedom and responsibility, so a fire ritual will include some aspect of freedom and/or responsibility in the ritual experience.