During an out-of-body experience the mind is alert. During astral travel, the mind is subject to the soul. In traveling to the astral plane, the soul leaves the body. In an expansion or what is called OOBE, the mind actually expands inward into itself. An expansion or OOBE is used to examine ones self, or aspects of ones mind, or thoughts, or ones feelings. So as you focus the bounds or limits, you focus them on an aspect you wish to examine.
- Question: What do you do once you obtain an expansion?
- Answer: You enjoy it an experience the feelings.
- Question: Is there anything past the expansion?
- Answer: No. Recall that an expansion is an expansion of the mind. It is not travel, therefore, an expansion is limited only to the minds ability to generate thoughts, ideas, and feelings, but the conscious mind can not escape or go past itself. Therefore, you experience only what the mind can imaging. This is why travel is needed to gain further insight.
- Question: Then what good is an expansion?
- Answer: The mind needs to practice for travel and it is a pleasant, although unusual experience.
- Question: Do all people experience expansion in meditation?
- Answer: No. Many try to obtain this experience and fail. For some this is the highlight and culmination of their lives. Many books have been written on the experience and many books are in error on the experience, for they are written without understanding.The ability to expand is a gift.